Academy Transformation Trust Further Education (ATTFE) Statement on 16-19 Tuition Fund for 2020-21
This statement outlines how ATTFE will utilise the 16-19 Tuition Fund during the 2020-21 academic year. This is additional funding from the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) for the 2020-2021 academic year only and will be used to mitigate the disruption arising from Coronavirus (Covid-19) to the learning or levels of attainment principally of learners who have yet to achieve Grade 4 in GCSE English or maths.
2. Summary Information
|Provider||Academy Transformation Trust Further Education (ATTFE)|
|Academic Year||2020/21||Total 16-19 Tuition Fund||£13,963|
|Total number of 16-19 learners in 2020-21||108||Number of 16-19 learners supported||67|
3. Learners Supported by the 16-19 Tuition Fund
Following ESFA guidance, the following groups of learners will be prioritised for support from the 16-19 Tuition Fund:
- Learners who have not yet achieved Grade 4 or above in GCSE English or maths
- Learners with an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- Learner with additional needs who have experienced additional disruption to their learning as a result of their additional needs
- Learners whose learning and assessment has been deferred and disrupted due to Covid-19 related restrictions.
These priorities are determined by a combination of prior attainment on entry; existence of EHCPs and additional needs assessments; plans of scheduled learning and assessment against that delivered; and assessment of individual learner progress during the periods of disruption.
4. Support provided through the 16-19 Tuition Fund
The following forms of additional support will be provided from the resources of the 16-19 Tuition Fund:
- Additional specialist tutoring/ tuition resource in English and maths equivalent to 1 FTE; this will facilitate intensive catch-up provision, also embedded within curriculum areas to promote catch-up where needed and appropriate within vocational subject areas
- Short programme Mastery Classes at Entry Level (1 week), Level 1 (2 weeks) and Level 2 (2 weeks) to enable intensive catch-up delivery followed by assessment in Functional Skills
- 1:1 delivery for identified learners
- Acquisition of Hegarty Maths to provide targeted online catch-up for learners
- Migration of English and maths teaching and assessment resources to Microsoft Forms for additional, out-of-hours, online and remote access to learning.
5. Education of the 16-19 Tuition Fund
The impact of the 16-19 Tuition Fund will be monitored and evaluated through existing ATTFE systems. This will include the deployment of the financial resource as outlined above, and the outcomes for learners who receive support particularly in their English and maths qualifications.