Advanced Learner Loans
How do I repay my loan?
Repaying an Advanced Learner Loan is straight forward:
- Monthly repayments are calculated based on your income, not what you borrow.
- You’ll only start making repayments when your income is more than £480 per week, £2,083 per month or £25,000 per year.
- Your repayments will stop if your income drops below £25,000 a year.
- Your annual repayment amount will be 9% of any income you earn over £25,000.
- Monthly repayments are made directly to the Student Loans Company through the tax system.
- You have the right to make payments or to pay back your loan in full at any time without incurring penalties.
- Any balances outstanding are written off after 30 years.
How do I apply?
Please email Nicky Tomlinson-Murphy via firstname.lastname@example.org
Advanced Learner Loans Bursary Information 2018/19
|Household income* (including benefits)
||Percentage of approved additional costs to be paid
||Payment Per Term
||Minimum Attendance Required
|Less than £11,800
|£11,801 – £25,000
|£25,001 and above
This supersedes the previous information as from September 2018.
All bursaries are subject to approval. Childcare will be assessed separately.
*Household income threshold based on HMRC allowances and the benefit cap.